I can’t wait to share this recipe with you because I love berries. They are my favorite fruits, hands down! Besides them tasting amazing and being inherently sweet, they are one of the healthiest fruits to eat. They are very low glycemic and even some of the most sugar sensitive people can handle berries in their diet.
This mixed berry cobbler is a lower glycemic dessert free of grains and other allergenic foods. I also added chia seeds to the berries for some added crunch and the health benefits of the fiber and omega-3 fats.
Mixed Berry Cobbler Close Up
I like to eat this cobbler both warm and cold. It forms this amazing crust after it’s baked and has a different texture when it is cold. You will find your favorite way to eat this. You can serve this alone or with whipped cream (recipe here) or homemade coconut milk ice cream (recipe here).
2 cups frozen organic raspberries
2 cups frozen organic blueberries
1 cup frozen organic blackberries
2 Tablespoons chia seeds
1/4 cup raw honey
1 cup almond flour
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cold
2 Tablespoons raw honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl add the frozen berries and let thaw. Stir in the chia seeds and honey until everything is completely combined. There will be a lot of berry juice in this mix
- Pour the berry base into a 9 inch cast iron skillet
- In a food processor add the almond flour, coconut flour and salt and pulse a few times to add air into the flour as if it was sifted
- Add the butter to the food processor and mix until it forms dough. Once it is dough, add in the honey and mix for about 20 second to combine. The dough, when mixed, will stick into one ball to the side of the food processor.
- Remove the dough from the food processor using your fingers by making small, flat pieces and lay them on top of the berries as the topping. You won’t be able to see much of the berry base through the cobbler topping