In the Soul Spring article, you can learn how to fight off the winter blues!
Snippets from the article:
“There are a number of holistic remedies that can help with symptoms of SAD as well as the common winter blues. Here are some to try:
Lighten Up! – Try to get outside as often as you can to soak up more light when the weather permits. Try taking a walk every day that you’re able, keeping window shades open, and setting your workstation up near a window if you can. Another option is light therapy using light boxes specifically designed to emit light about 20 times brighter than typical indoor lights. Light therapy is usually recommended for about 30 minutes a day and tends to be the most useful first thing in the morning. The goal is to mimic the light you’d normally get outside during the sunnier seasons of the year.
Get Moving – Exercise is a great holistic health practice that can help with most health issues. Regular exercise can increase serotonin levels in the brain, which can help fight off seasonal sadness. So get moving today, whether it’s a walk around the block, a bike ride, or a hike in the mountains. Any form of exercise will do the trick.
Eat Healthy – Research shows that healthy nutrition is an important part of holistic healing for SAD. Choose recipes that contain natural mood boosters, such as:
- Dark leafy greens – These often contain vitamin B12, which supports energy production in the body!
- Dark chocolate – The flavonoids in dark chocolate are known to reduce stress-causing hormones.
- Fish – Omega-3s and vitamin D-rich fish can improve your mood because they boost dopamine and serotonin levels.
- Nuts and seeds – These protein-rich foods also provide helpful omega-3s.
- Avocados – These healthy-fat-filled treats are full of calming tryptophan.
- Turmeric – A 2017 study found that curcumin, an ingredient in turmeric, reduced symptoms of depression.”
Read more here: https://soulspring.org/holistic-tips-to-fight-off-winter-blues-1
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.