No one wants to get sick, and luckily our immune systems do a lot to keep us healthy. If you’re getting springtime colds, experiencing allergies, or just generally trying to stay healthy, supporting the immune system is one of the best ways to prevent illness. There are many natural ways to boost your immune system through holistic health practices.
Holistic Health and Wellness Immune System Boosters
Get enough sleep
The importance of sleep in every aspect of your health really can’t be overstated! Make sure you’re getting around 7 to 9 hours of sleep most nights. Rest is a chance for the body to regenerate and can be a natural way to heal yourself every night. If you have a hard time getting enough sleep, try regulating your schedule so that you go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. You might also try to make your room darker and quieter. Another tip that helps some people get to bed is to decrease the amount of light in your home and limit screen time a few hours before bed.
Rest and relax
Experiencing excess stress can suppress the immune system, making you more susceptible to getting sick. Taking time to relax and rejuvenate is a simple and effective way to boost your immune system. There are lots of holistically healthy ways to rest and relax, such as spending time with friends and family, reading a book, spending time in nature, meditating, and more. Try out different ways to relax and see what works for you!
Eat a healthy diet
Eating healthy, whole foods is a great way to boost your immune system naturally. Foods that aren’t processed are rich in nutrients and antioxidants that can help boost your immune system. Having a healthy gut microbiome has also been shown to benefit your immune system. Foods high in fiber and probiotic-rich are good for supporting microbiome health.
Get enough vitamins
A healthy diet should give you the wide variety of vitamins that your body needs, but making sure you have enough of these important vitamins is helpful for boosting your immune system.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an antioxidant that can strengthen your body’s natural defenses. Vitamin C can be found in citrus fruits such as oranges and grapefruits, as well as strawberries, kale, spinach, and broccoli.
- Vitamin B6: This vitamin is responsible for producing cells that regulate immune responses. Foods rich in B6 are deep green vegetables, chickpeas, and fish.
- Vitamin E: This antioxidant can help the body fight off infection, and is found in nuts such as almonds. Seeds are also a source of Vitamin E, including pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Spinach and other dark leafy greens are also good sources.
- Vitamin D3: The active form of vitamin D tempers the damaging inflammatory response of some white blood cells, while it also boosts immune cells’ production of microbe-fighting proteins.
- Zinc: Zinc is necessary for immune cell function and cell signaling so not having enough can lead to a weakened immune response. Zinc supplements stimulate particular immune cells and reduce oxidative stress.
Energy healing can help facilitate physical and emotional balance and recovery! The Emotion Code® with The Body Code™ can help you discover and remove energy blockages. This can lead to a boost in your overall health and happiness, which naturally supports a healthy immune system function. If you feel like you could benefit from energy healing, and you’re curious about these tools, explore our Discover Healing Courses to learn more about certification.