There are many skills to be learned and honed whilst training to become proficient in The Emotion Code and The Body Code. The one that has become increasingly important for me is that of how to phrase the questions we ask to identify which emotion or imbalance to clear. Why is this a challenge? Well, we get the answer to the ‘question we ask’, not the question we ‘think we asked’.
I encourage you to write your questions out in full before asking them. This gives two benefits; firstly it helps you repeat the question accurately as you identify a number of imbalances related to the same issue and secondly it will help your awareness of the exact phrasing and words you are using.
There are times when subtle tweaks need to be made, particularly if you have a sense of being in the right area but you are not being shown an energy to clear. I hope you will find it helpful to consider the following questions and identify their differences. For the purpose of this example let us imagine that the client has pain in their lower back. I have phrased the opening of the questions to reflect my use of The Body Code. If you use The Emotion Code then you could just substitute “Is there a Trapped Emotion/Psychic Trauma in The Emotion Code chart …”
• Is there an imbalance in The Body Code System that is the cause of your pain in your lower back?
• Is there an imbalance in The Body Code System that is the cause of the pain in your lower back?
COMMENT: The wording makes the pain “your pain”, this can make it difficult for people to let go of so consider using the working in option 2.
Options 3 and 4 are the ones I usually choose to start with. I establish which one to use by quickly muscle testing to ask “is this the right question?” once I have written it out. Sometimes I clear imbalances identified by Option 3 and have a strong intuition to use Option 4 as well, which then finds something else.
• Is there an imbalance in The Body Code System that is the underlying cause of the pain in your lower back?
• Is there an imbalance in The Body Code System that is underlying cause of the pain you are experiencing in your lower back?
If you feel you need to explore more options consider the following questions, but be aware of the subtle differences between the negative v. the enabling approach:
• Is there an imbalance in The Body Code System that is preventing you from healing from the pain in your lower back?
• Is there an imbalance in The Body Code System that needs clearing to allow you to heal from the pain in your lower back?
I am sure you will have your favourite starting point and since we have such a rich and diverse language the options are plentiful I just encourage you to ensure that the question you are asking is the one you think you are asking.