- Trapped Emotions are identified individually and released one at a time, not in groups or bundles. Every trapped emotional energy is significant in your life. Each one has had an impact on you in some way or another. Each comes from a specific time or event that was experienced either by you or someone else that you inherited or absorbed the energy from. These energies affect us in a variety of ways and create challenges, problems and pains of all sorts, both physical and emotional. Whatever their origin, they certainly can make an impact on your life. There are times when trapped emotions can be excruciating, like the time when we were first discovering them. I had a pain that hurt so much that I literally bolted from a meeting and went straight home to collapse on the floor! When significant pain like that is present, you might find trapped emotions nested in the area of pain, like we found in my energy field. My trapped emotions were all nested together in my ovary.
- To release the pain, each trapped emotion had to be identified as a single and separate energy. To continue with my story, we asked for some help from above with a short, sincere prayer. We were then able to identify each emotion and identify when it had become trapped. A few more questions helped us to know who was involved in each event because I needed to know, in this case. We released each distinct energy as we found it and confirmed each release to make sure we had been successful. As we released each trapped emotion one by one, my pain level decreased with each one until it was all gone. Did the awareness of these past events speak to me? I believe each emotional energy was there to bring a heightened sense of awareness to me. Each one needed to be recognized, inquired about, cleared, and confirmed as having been cleared before moving on to ask about the others that might be there.
- The Emotion Code is a very precise method. First, we recognize God and ask for his help. Then we muscle test to identify the trapped emotion using the Chart of Emotions. Next we ask if anything else needs to be discovered before releasing the emotion. If the answer is yes, we get more details about what happened when the emotion was trapped, like the age of the person at the time, if the emotion was absorbed, inherited or their own, what the event was, etc. If nothing else needs to be discovered we release the emotion by swiping a magnet along the Governing Meridian 3 times, unless it is an inherited emotion. In that case, we swipe the magnet 10 times. We always check to confirm that the energy is gone afterwards. It works very well when the protocol is followed correctly. We do not recommend mixing modalities or adding your own style when you are doing the Emotion Code. It works so well just the way it is! We don’t believe that there are any short cuts that will improve this or make it any faster. It only takes a minute or two to identify a trapped emotion so you can usually get out of pain or solve an issue in pretty short order, even when there are several emotions that need to be released in a session.
- It is important to let the body tell you how much Emotion Code work to do in a session. Most of the time you will find that you can identify and release about five to ten trapped emotions in a twenty minute session. This is typical, but sometimes you may find that your body will only allow you to release two or three emotions in a session, and that’s okay. Trust the wisdom of the body! As you are working along, finding and releasing trapped emotions, if you suddenly run into difficulty testing and everything you test is weak, you might need to check yourself with a baseline test. See if you can get a strong muscle response on a true or congruent statement. When you have released all your body can release in a session, usually you will lose the ability to be tested momentarily because your body is processing and is in a state of overload. When that happens, you are done for the time being, until the next session generally.
- The body needs a few days to process trapped emotions after they are released. This is a healing time, when you may feel some side-effects of processing the emotions that were just released. Most of the time, processing is pretty mild and isn’t really noticed. You’ll usually feel lighter and less burdened. Other times you may feel some negative symptoms from processing. You may feel some echoes of the emotions that were released, you may feel tired, you may feel out of sorts emotionally, you may cry or even feel sick. The unpleasant effects don’t typically last for more than a day or two and they are usually very mild. When you work with someone, it is really important to tell them about the possible negative effects of processing, so that they can be prepared and know what they might experience, in case it happens. That way they can know that their session didn’t make them feel worse, but that they are just processing. At the end of a session, you can muscle test to see approximately how much time processing will take, so you can know when you more Emotion Code work can be done.
By Jean Nelson
I am wondering what experiences you have had that lead you to the belief that you cannot release more than one emotion at a time, or that they cannot be released in groups?
For myself, I would come upon groups, or clusters, or emotions tied together that could be released together. I also have been able to identify in myself and others one emotion that when released can collapse their heart wall. Obviously not for everyone, however, physical and emotional signs of a heart wall being released have been shown as well as muscle testing showing that the heart walls are gone. Muscle testing for a hidden heart wall is also negative.
So, I guess I would like to know why there is such a hard line against the idea of groups or clusters.
I can only tell you that I’ve been able to release only ONE trapped emotion at a time, about 95% of the time. I do think our bodies tell us if can release more than one, and if yours tells you that it’s okay to release a ‘cluster’, then I would think that should be okay.
As for me, many times processing took longer than a few days…perhaps a week or 10 days… many of my trapped emotions were related to ‘panic’, and ‘fear’…. these types of releases seem to take longer to process and heal…but I just go with it…however long it takes, it takes. When my body tells me it’s ready to release again, then I do it…after the process, I’ll ask if there’s another that can be released…if yes, then I do it…most of the time with me, however, it’s a clear NO.
After asking for ‘Divine’ assistance, my suggestion is to do what your body tells you
I appreciate your succinct way of stating the possible obstacles we might find. It was very helpful, no puff pieces, to the point.
When I first started doing TEC, I did it as a surrogate for a 90 year old mother of a friend– located about 50 miles away– diagnosed with temporal arteritis, which later was changed to rheumatoid ….. and now they don’t really know what it is, but she was on extremely high doses of Prednosone, with terrible side-effects. She could hardly get out of bed. (December 2012)
After the TEC session she was relieved, and the next day she was not only able to get out of bed, but also participated with her 2 daughters in a 5-hr. Christmas meditation we do every year to celebrate the spiritual advent of Christ. (The temple Christmas meditation is 8 hours, but she could have done none of it without this help, she said.) She was so grateful she sent me a check even though I had done this only as a way to help her. She said I “was a wizard.”
She was eager to see me, so she came to my friend’s Christmas party, to which I had also been invited. I had my magnets with me, and she was forthcoming when I asked her if she wanted to do it again (directly, this time). She readily welcomed it…But the social situation must have confused me because I wasn’t at my office and I asked her what pain, or feelings she wanted to get rid off. So I proceeded to test her and then use the magnets to good effect. When she left she had a spring in her step, and her face was not all scrunched up. But the effect wasn’t lasting: I had forgotten to tap her unconscious.
Now that her daughter is away in Paris, I might try it again–long distance–as a surrogate, following protocol this time, and see what happens, if she still thinks this can help her.
The point of my story is to support your article and give an example of what can go right–and wrong–when not following protocol. So, the 1,2,3 approach (both for TEC as well as TBC) is very helpful to have at hand, when the environment changes, is chaotic, or very stressful.
God bless you.
Jean, thank you for your article. It was so beautifully and succinctly written; so easy
to understand and follow. You seemed to have high-lighted most of the major concepts of the Emotion Code in a highly organized way. Thank you. Fran Westin
i love how easy this is to use. I use it for my whole family, and the cat. I am begining to see some success for my husband on the way he feels about asking for money he earned from our customers, it is getting easyer for him. Wich is good for our limo business thank you karen
Thank you, Jean, for sharing. I found this most helpful.
I thank you so much Jean for this Must Know Information, that will definitely
help people to understand, that this is from God’s Magnificent Intelligence, that
we all are able to help ourselves, and one another. Search and Ye shall Find.
Dr. Brad and Yourself are so blessed to have been the conduit, to share such miraculous findings from our Heavenly Creator.
Much Gratitude, Blessings To All