HOLISTIC HEALTH & WELLNESS
Holistic health concerns the well-being of the whole person – caring for the physical, spiritual, emotional, and social needs of a being. All aspects of the self affect the completeness and efficiency of another. A certified holistic health coach & practitioner can help you effectively address your complete needs. Keep reading to learn more.
The path of holistic health reaches back to ancient times. Ancient peoples looked at human health as resulting from a balanced combination of a healthy mind, body, heart, and spirit.
This is how the term “holistic” health got its name; the word “holism” is defined by the theory that parts of a whole are so intimately connected, they cannot exist independently or be understood without reference to the whole. Furthermore, when it comes to medicinal terms, holism refers to treating the whole person. So instead of solely considering physical symptoms, practitioners also take into account the mental, emotional, and social factors that might also be contributing to someone’s ailments.
Today, several thousand years after historians believe holistic medicine planted its roots, the idea of holistic health has withstood the test of time. Perhaps one of the most effective and commonly practiced ideas in holistic medicine today is energy healing.
General Principles of Holistic Health
Common Holistic/Alternative Health Practices
As there are so many different varieties of holistic healing, it’s practically impossible to create an exhaustive list! Holistic healing methods include:
- The Body Code – a simple yet powerful tool that helps you to locate the root source of many physical discomforts, inefficiencies, and more.
- Acupuncture – a form of treatment involving the use of very thin needles that can help with pain and other ailments.
- Ayurveda – this type of healing which means ‘science of life’ originated in India more than 3,000 years ago.
- Chiropractic care – focuses on the spine and other joints of the body, using manual adjustments to restore joint function.
- Massage – the movement of the body’s soft tissues to relieve muscular tension and stress.
- Yoga – a physical practice designed to help balance the body, spirit, and mind.
- Life coaching – a wellness professional who works helps people make progress in their lives in order to attain greater fulfillment in a variety of areas.
- Nutritionist care – advice on matters of food and nutrition and their impacts on health.
- Electromagnetic therapy – a healing treatment involving the use of magnets or electromagnets.
- Reiki – a treatment where energetic vibrations are transmitted through the hands of a Reiki practitioner.
- The Emotion Code – a powerful and simple tool to identify and release Trapped Emotions, which opens the heart and body to the positive energies of the world.
- Qigong – a system of coordinated movement, breathing, and meditation used for health.
- Meditation – a practice that promotes focus and clearing the mind to achieve a calm state.
The Benefits of Holistic Health
Since the main goal of holistic health and wellness is to find balance within all the systems of the body — mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual — holistic health provides benefits to each of these important aspects of health and wellness.
Using Energy Work to Inform Holistic Healing
The Emotion Code® and The Body Code™ work hand-in-hand with a holistic health lifestyle. Energy work has been used for thousands of years, but not many people know that they can access these holistic tools today. Not only is energy healing still practiced by certified practitioners, but everyone can learn the necessary skills to help themselves and their loved ones access the power of energy healing to provide more holistic healing choices. By using The Emotion Code and The Body Code, practitioners may be able to determine deficiencies or imbalances that need to be addressed — whether simply through these energy work practices, through other holistic approaches, or in addition to Western medicine practices.
Holistic healing is not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional. We recommend seeking your doctor’s advice before implementing a new health routine. It’s also important to know that not everyone will find immediate relief from their ailments by utilizing holistic healing methods. However, for many of our clients and holistic health practitioners, energy healing principles support life-changing physical and emotional healing.
About Certified Holistic Health Coaching
Benefits of becoming a holistic health coach:
- Work from anywhere, anytime
- Set your own work schedule to fit your life
- Feel fulfilled personally and professionally as you help others
- Unlock your earning potential with new clients
- Own your own business after successfully completing certifications
What do holistic health coaches help with?
Different holistic health coaches can help with different aspects of life, depending on their expertise and education! Their focus and recommendations will also change depending on what they determine their client needs. A holistic health practitioner might help guide you to energy healing practices such as chakra balancing, yoga, or meditation. Another holistic health practitioner might be more focused on your nutrition and exercise levels. Perhaps what you need most are changes in your personal relationships, and holistic health coaches may be able to guide you through lifestyle changes that improve these relationships. If a client is experiencing something that’s outside the range of what a holistic health coach is able to assist with, they would refer them to someone else with the proper training for extra support.