Without an immune system, you’d likely be sick all the time. That is — if you lived very long! Your immune system is designed to defend your body against all kinds of disease and illness. It doesn’t protect you perfectly 100% of the time — you likely get sick once in a while. But think of all the bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens you’re exposed to every day. The fact is, your immune system works pretty hard 24/7! Knowing this, most of us look for ways to help our immune system function better. Lucky for you, there are a lot of holistic health practices that can give it a boost.
Your Immune System is a System
Holistic health looks at your body as a complex system with physical, emotional, and spiritual components. Well, your immune system is a system in and of itself — like a huge orchestra where every instrument needs to perform well in order for the whole group to work properly together. So if you think about it, boosting your immune system from a whole-body, holistic point of view might be the best way to enable top performance.
Holistic Health Care for Immunity
Most of us would agree that taking holistic health and wellness seriously is a good idea. And hey, nobody would choose to get sick if they can avoid it. There are plenty of holistic health techniques that not only support your body as a whole, but can boost your immune system. Here are just a few.
Everybody talks about how important this is, and they’re right. A healthy diet is one of the best holistic health and wellness tools you can use. Your body and immune system can only work with what you give it — so it makes good sense that giving it high quality fuel may result in better function. How well are you doing at getting the following?
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables — The antioxidants they contain can help combat free radicals (chemical by-products that may damage your DNA and suppress your immune system).
- Omega-3 fatty acids — These may increase your body’s ability to produce immune-regulating compounds.
- Plenty of water — Water helps your cells eliminate waste and work more efficiently.
- Garlic — Garlic is known to possess properties that fight viruses and bacteria.
- Ginger — This natural anti-inflammatory should make a regular appearance in your meals.
Use Energy Healing
- Using The Body Code and muscle testing, you may be able to determine how well your immune system is functioning. Simple yes or no questions could help you investigate what might be keeping it from operating at its peak, and what you may be able to do about it.
- Regular, moderate exercise has been shown to mobilize the cells of your immune system and even protect it from the effects of getting older.
- Reducing prolonged stress may be very important to keeping your immune system up.
- Use relaxation techniques, meditation, and energy healing tools like The Emotion Code and The Body Code to reduce your stress levels.
Get Plenty of Sleep
- Getting 8 hours of sleep each night can help regulate your immune function. In fact, in a study of over 22,000 people, those who slept less than 6 hours per night or had sleep disorders were more likely to get colds and other respiratory illnesses.
Holistic Health Herbs & Supplements
- Many believe that herbs such as ehinacea, elderberry and andrographis may help reduce the severity and duration of illnesses like flu or the common cold. Read about these herbs, and if you think they’re for you, try taking them at the first sign of symptoms.
If you want your immune system to be in top form, try taking a look at your holistic health practices and see where you can do better.