With folks who are new to The Emotion Code we sometimes get questions like “Why am I getting conflicting answers when I muscle test?” or “How do I know that the answers I’m getting aren’t just my conscious mind wanting something to test strong/weak?”
Sometimes we do get in our own way. That is why it’s so important to quiet your mind before you begin doing The Emotion Code or The Body Code, so you can allow your subconscious mind to communicate through muscle testing.
Here are a few great ways to quiet your mind and ground yourself before you begin practicing:
1. Dedicate distraction-free time to focus on your practice. It’s easy enough to become distracted in this day and age we live in. Set aside a special time to allow yourself to focus completely on doing this work. Turn your phone on silent, turn off the TV, and remove any other possible distractions.
2. Physically align yourself. Are you slouching in your chair? Sit up! Straighten your spine. This allows energy to flow more freely throughout your body.
3. Breathe deeply. Take several long, deep breaths and when you exhale, let out any stress, confusion, or other negative surface emotions that could cloud your intuition.
4. Ground yourself. Take a walk in the grass and re-connect yourself to the earth or meditate outside for a minute or two. The earth is such a vast source of energy – take advantage of it!
5. Most importantly, be grateful. Spend a few moments, close your eyes and focus on the feeling of gratitude. Resonate with it, and be grateful for the healing that will happen. If you believe in God or a Higher Power, you can say a prayer to express this gratitude and ask for guidance and a clear and open mind.
Try these techniques, and try them often! After all, practice makes perfect. Once you become proficient in muscle testing, you’ll never “go back!”
If you are still having trouble with muscle testing after trying these tips, you may want to work with another Emotion Code or Body Code healer because you might have something to clear. This is not common, but it does happen every once in a while. Don’t worry, it’s usually pretty simple to correct and then, voila!
Remember that healing is your birthright! You can do this technique. It’s simple! Just relax, and the answers will be there.
– Written by Kristi Nelson
Great suggestions. I also include time to pray and clear myself of trapped emotions.
thank you ,you are doing amazing good luck and bless, i agree with you ,now am in this wish washy stage , and i am waiting for my rescuer, all the best , thanks for this clearing its v. helpful.
Thanks for this nice list of reminders Kristi!