Have you ever noticed that you pick up on others peoples feelings or emotions? This is because you may actually be absorbing their emotions. Think of it like you are a sponge and they are unknowingly pouring out their emotions, and you could be soaking up their emotional baggage, just like a sponge. Some of these emotions may be affecting you in a negative way, so we’ve put together a few tips to help you avoid absorbing these emotions.
1. Make sure you are shielded! Having a shield is like an invisible force field around your body. Make sure that you reinforce it, or say “shields up” anytime you are dealing with a difficult person or in any kind of emotional or stressful situation.
2. Release your own emotional baggage. If you have a lot of trapped emotions and other negative energies, they can cause you to resonate with the emotional stress of another person. This will make it more likely that you will absorb negative energies from others, simply because like attracts like!
3. Set boundaries with others and stick to them. Stop trying to solve other people’s problems. Don’t let people dump their problems on you so they can walk away feeling better – this can leave you feeling worse! Make sure that you don’t have any kind of imbalances (i.e. a broadcast message) that cause others to want to throw their problems at you. This is especially important if you are working with clients. You need to be able to listen to the client’s issues so you can work on them, but don’t allow it to become excessive. It’s not healthy for the client to dwell on their negative experiences and it’s not healthy for you to have to listen to it! The Emotion Code and The Body Code are designed to lighten the client’s load, but not by making the healers load heavier!
Give these tips a try and tell us how they work out for you, we would love to hear from you.
In order to avoid possible emotional outburst and also to make my clients feel at easy I tell them that they have to identify emotion but they don’t have to disclose it to me if they don’t want to. They tell me that they got it and I ask if this is the event that caused the emotion and this is it. Also, I think that similar emotions can occur many times since it is not unusual that we have similar feelings many times during the same year or even the same month. it is not necessary the same emotion that you removed, it can be another one which occurred about the same time that the first one. Am I right?
So the emotion is or not released for good?
Once an emotion has been identified and cleared, it is released permanently.
It is not unusual for another occurance of the same emotion to be present in the body and need to be released as well when it is identified.
I heard Dr. Bradley say a trapped emotion is gone for good after it has been released. But on several occasions during sessions I’ve had the same emotion show up more than once after I have released it. Would this mean that I’m not doing it right? Or, what are the possibilities of the same emotion getting trapped again and show up in the next session for someone?
Now I know what happened to me a few days ago: After I had treated a very difficult client who “felt weird”, I had a very hard time sleeping for two nights, was awake for hours and hours. After the second night I finally tested myself whether there was an imbalance which caused this. On receiving yes, I found it was a Spirit out of Body disconnection of 2%.
Thank you Dr. Brad for warning us.
How totally timely. I find I have to really work at keeping my shield up as well as being myself. I do a quick routine before and after I work with someone.
1) I test “my name is” and correct that if I´m not my self.
2) Is my spirit in my body.
3) Chording not only from the other individual but also from me to them.
4) Resonant emotions.
I also do this in the morning when I wake up. Often if I have difficult sleep and I need to clear myself after the night. I find it makes a huge difference.
Lovely tips and as always a timely reminder.
Can I add that it is best to check yourself after every interaction with a client for any imbalances, cording or negative energies that you may have picked up and clear them before they build up and cause problems. It is worth remembering that this applies to calls making a booking as well as actual sessions.
Thanks for sharing. These tips came just at the “right” time.