When you’re just starting out in the world of energy healing, muscle testing may be an unfamiliar concept for you. If you’re not sure what it is or how it works, we’re here to help! Read on to learn more about this useful tool, and how it’s used in The Emotion Code® and The Body Code™.
What is Muscle Testing?
Muscle testing is essentially a way to ask our subconscious questions and to receive answers about what the body needs. Muscle testing was derived from kinesiology, in which muscles are observed for a response to stimuli. It is used as a biofeedback mechanism and can identify stressors in and around the body.
The main premise of the practice when used in energy healing, is that the body will experience changes in energy associated with various ideas. We believe the body will express that energy in measurably different ways if the answer to a question is affirmative or negative. Based on these energetic changes and reactions, muscle testing allows us to gain important information about our wellness needs.
Your subconscious mind stores knowledge about your previous experiences, memories, beliefs, and so much more. We believe that it knows exactly what is going on physically and emotionally, and by accessing that information, you can learn a lot about what you need for optimum wellness.
How Do Muscle Testing Methods Work?
The basic steps of muscle testing are as follows:
- Take time to focus, center yourself, and set a positive intention for your results.
- Ask your higher power for help and support.
- Determine who you will be testing:
- Yourself: Self-testing means that you will ask questions about your own body and mind, and perform the muscle test on yourself.
- On someone else who is present: In this format, you’ll ask a question about someone else’s needs, and test their muscle response.
- By proxy: Testing by proxy indicates that you’ll ask questions about someone else, but test on yourself. After first getting permission, you’ll need to confirm that you are able to test as that person. To assess this, say “I am (the other person’s name)” and determine whether you get a positive muscle response. Then, simply ask questions while holding the intention to determine answers for that person, while performing the tests on yourself. This means that you can perform energy work on someone at a distance or if they aren’t comfortable being tested themselves for any reason.
- Decide what information you want to gain.
- Be sure to frame your question in a way that allows for a yes/no, or a true/false answer.
- Choose the muscle testing method you’ll be using. For example:
- Sway Test: Stand or sit without your back resting against anything. Ask the question, then observe if you move forward or backward.
- Ring-in-Ring Test: Make two closed rings with your fingers, looping through one another. Gently pull the loops against one another. In this test, your answer will come from either a loop breaking or resisting the pull.
- Elbow Test: To perform this test the arm is held bent at 90 degrees, with the elbow near your body and your forearm parallel to the floor. Gently press down on the extended wrist. Your answer will come from either resistance and the hand staying in the same position, or the hand moving down toward the ground.
- Ask the question, and observe the body’s response. In order to determine which movement is associated with which answer, it’s important to test a few questions to which you already know the answer. For example, you might ask, “Is my name John?” and notice the response you receive.
- Feel free to test multiple times, and format your question multiple ways, as you get comfortable with your muscle testing abilities.
- Try implementing the information that you’ve received, and see how you feel!
Learn more: Try our Intro Course to Muscle Testing
By following these steps, you’ll begin to experience the difference between a strong (positive) response and a weak (negative) response. Therefore, when accessing your subconscious by asking various ‘yes’ and ‘no’ questions, your muscles will respond by either remaining strong for questions that ring true or with weakness when answers are false. You’ll learn to read these responses quickly and effectively.
Muscle testing can be used on its own to answer everyday questions about things your body and mind need or should avoid. However, you can also go further by combining muscle testing with powerful techniques such as The Emotion Code and The Body Code, for even deeper discovery. These natural healing tools help release deeply held emotions and imbalances that may be related to physical discomfort, difficulties connecting to others, sadness, and so much more.
How To Learn Muscle Testing
Anyone can use muscle testing, and it’s easy to learn how to implement this tool. The most important aspects of mastering muscle testing are practice and trust. Practicing over and over again, on yourself and others, is the fastest way to pick up this ability. Trusting yourself, your best intentions, and your higher power will help you to achieve success when muscle testing. It’s very common to doubt your answers, but as you continue to gain experience and become a proficient muscle testing practitioner you’ll begin to find confidence in your abilities.
Learn more: Overcoming Common Muscle Testing Challenges
Muscle testing can become a simple method for measuring your body’s response to anything related to your physical and mental wellness. You don’t need any equipment, it doesn’t cost anything, and you can do it anytime, anywhere! If you want to gain in-depth muscle testing training our energy healing courses offer just that. Enroll and learn this powerful technique.