At our house right now we have a little obsession with crepes. They are easy to make, store well in the fridge and have so many different uses. They are my #1 go-to snack at the moment.
These crepes are made with coconut flour. They are full of good protein, some healthy fats and no starches or sugars. I try and make most of my recipes low starch and low sugar. That way if you are struggling with inflammation and starches flare up any symptoms this recipe is a safe option for you.
Because crepes are so popular in our house my husband has actually taken over the crepe making. We double the recipe and have enough for the week. We use them as a snack or quick breakfast filled with peanut butter. We also put whipped cream and berries inside, use as shells for burritos or enchiladas or tacos. The options are endless really!
*You can also make these with almond milk in replacement with coconut milk if you like.
8 organic and free range eggs
8 Tablespoons butter (or coconut oil for dairy free), melted (I melt the butter in the skillet so it pre-greeses the skillet for when I make the crepes)
1 cup canned coconut milk
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs with a hand mixer
- Add the melted butter very slowly so you don’t start to cook the eggs
- Add the coconut milk, coconut flour and salt to the batter and mix for about 30 seconds so all of the ingredients are combined and the coconut flour slightly thickens the batter
- Heat up 1-2 small 8 inch skillets (if you want to go quicker you can use two at a time) on medium heat
- Pour about 1/3-1/2 cup of batter into the skillet and lift the skillet up and move it in gentle circles to spread around the pan. Place the pan back on the burner and bake about 2 minuets on the first side until it is able to be flipped with a spatula. Cook the crepe on the other side for about 1 minute until you can slide the crepes out of the pan and they are completely cooked through
- Makes about 12-14 crepes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days